Click on the image for a larger version.
Study Questions for 1:3-12
What does it say?
- Given Old Testament usage of "blessed be", what is a blessing?
- What are the main elements of this blessing? (sections: 1:2-5, 6-9, 10-12)
- What does this blessing teach the readers about God?
- Given the persecution that Peter's readers were likely experiencing, and the God-focus of the passage, what might have been Peter's intention for his readers? In other words, what was he hoping to accomplish?
- What is your focus when struggles occur, however major or minor?
- What corrections are needed in your focus?
- What do you need to know, feel, or do to make these corrections?