- 1:3-2:10 (note: begins with "blessed")
- 2:11-4:11 (note: begins with "beloved" and ends with a benediction)
- 4:12-5:11 (note: begins with "beloved" and ends with a benediction)
What does it say?
- Who are the recipients?
- What is Peter telling the recipients about themselves?
- What does Peter say about faith? Holiness? Trials? Obedience? Community?
- Who are the "elect exiles" (1:1-2)?
- How do the Father's foreknowledge, the Spirit's sanctification, and obedience to and sprinkling with Christ's blood relate to the recipients' status as "exiles" (1:1-2)?
- What is the "true grace of God" in which the recipients stand firm (5:12-13)?
- What situations might have prompted this letter from Peter?
- What big truths did Peter apply to these situations?
- What is the letter about?
- How are our situations similar?
- Which big truths in this letter apply to our situations?
- How might we respond?
1 Peter articles at bible.org
First Peter: Introduction, Argument, and Outline
"1 Peter" on wikipedia (read with requisite caution)
1 Peter on NETBible (good footnotes and other resources)